Thomas Hassel Cook Genealogy
236 Thomas Hassel Cook, son of
Nathaniel Timothy Cook, b.
October 24, 1888, in Wayne County, Tennessee. He m. (1) January 4, 1912, Clara
Moore (281). She d. August 26, 1919, and he m. (2) April 6, 1921, her sister,
Corrine Moore (282), b. November 19, 1896. They moved to Columbia, Tennessee,
where he d. May 30, 1957. He is buried in Pope's Memorial Gardens, Columbia.
Children (By 1st wife)
311. Pina Kathleen Cook, b. February 20, 1914, in Wayne County,
Tennessee. She is not married. She and her stepmother make their home together
in Columbia, Tennessee.
312. Mary Edna Cook, b. January 16, 1916, in Wayne County, Tennessee. She m. June
29, 1941, Raymond E. Walters. They have a son, Larry, b. September 15, 1944.
(By 2nd wife)
313. Thomas Hassell Cook, Jr., b. July 28, 1923. He served his
country in World War II and in the Korean War. He m. (1) Mildred Allen and m.
(2) Mable Head Hattey. By his first wife he had a son, Thomas A., b. October
4, 1942; and by his second wife two daughters, Barbara Gail, b. July 15, 1953,
and Cheri Lynn, b. June 29, 1956.
314. Jack Edward Cook, b. November 30, 1925. He served in the U. S. Marines, in
World War II and was in the battle of Iwo Jima. He m. July 1, 1943, Mildred
Sharp. He lost his life while swimming at Cocoa Beach, Florida, June 29, 1957.
He is buried in Pope's Memorial Gardens, Columbia, Tennessee. He left a son,
Mark Edward, b. December 18, 1955.