Harold Alfred Grimes Genealogy
21. Harold Alfred Grimes, a son of
Elihu Sidna Grimes, b.
October 16, 1853, in Hardin County, was educated in the public schools of Wayne
County, taught school, clerked in a store, became a traveling salesman, and
later a merchant in Clifton, doing business under the firm name of Hughes and
Grimes. In 1876 he m. (1) Emma L. McDougal of Savannah, Tennessee. She lived
only a few months, and on March 20, 1884 he m. (2) Anna O. Chappell, b. February
25, 1861, in Flatwoods, Tennessee. In 1907 he moved with his family to Walters,
Oklahoma, where he d. January 16, 1920.
His widow d. in Walters, January 6, 1939.
50. Bessie Elsie, b. March 27, 1885; d. September 9, 1886.
51. Harold Edwin, b.
January 11, 1887.
52. William Chappell, b. January 3, 1889, in Wayne County, Tennessee. He m.
March 18, 1913, Mabry Alice McGill of Ft. Worth, Texas. They made their home
in Oklahoma City where he d. March 30, 1952, leaving no issue.
53. Mary Esther, b. October 28, 1892, in Wayne County, Tennessee, moved with
her parents to Walters, Oklahoma, where she taught music in the public
schools. She was never married and d. in Ardmora, Oklahoma, February 27, 1950.
54. Alfred Fay, b. April 19, 1895, in Wayne County, Tennessee; moved with his
parents to Walters, Oklahoma. He m. March 3, 1920, Maurice Tom, b. December
29, 1897, and adopted her daughter by a previous marriage. They live in
55. David Russell, b. September 10, 1897, in Wayne County, Tennessee, moved
with his parents to Walters, Oklahoma in 1907. He m. August, 1923, Jessie Noel
Adkins. They live in Lawton, Oklahoma. Their children are:
i. David Noel, b. May 7, 1927.
ii. Mary Sue, b. June 31, 1938.
56. Annie Lucilla, b. October 24, 1899.
Note: Record of descendants of Harold Alfred Grimes was
furnished by a daughter, Annie Lucilla (Grimes) Nease of Plainview, Texas.