Sophronia Harriett Grimes Genealogy
34. Sophronia Harriett (Hattie) Grimes, dau. of
James Eli Grimes, b. July 8,
1873, in Wayne County, Tennessee. She moved with her parents to Vesta, Arkansas,
in 1882, and in 1893 m. Eugene Hiatt, b. May 28, 1874. He was a grandson of U.
S. President Zachary Taylor. They moved to Ft. Smith, Arkansas, in 1899 and to
Gillham, Arkansas, in 1924. She d. in Gillham, January 16, 1955. He d. in Wake
Village, Texas, November 29, 1959. They are buried in Ft. Smith, Arkansas.
82. Cecil Morris Hiatt, b. April 26, 1896. He m. (1) Gussie
Downs b. September 17, 1905, and m. (2) Mildred Ford Denson. They live in
Texarkana, Arkansas. They have no children.
83. Tony Hiatt, b. October 31, 1897. He m. Pearl Goodwin, b. October 30, 1897.
They live in Ft. Smith, Arkansas. They have a daughter Marilyn, b. January 19,
1928, who m. April 10, 1948, Robert Hudgens, b. August 23, 1926. The Hudgens
live in Crossett, Arkansas, and are the parents of three children, Randall
Hiatt, b. September 5, 1950; Leslie Bain (girl) b. July 5, 1952; and Susan
Virginia, b. May 5, 1954.
84. James Henry Hiatt, b. 1903. He m. Barbara Bounds. He was drowned July 4,
1947, leaving no issue.
85. Edith Hiatt, b. April 30, 1905. She m. Cya. Stambough. She is a widow and
lives in Wake Village, Texas.
86. Gladys Alice Hiatt, b. April 28, 1907. She m. (1) Kenneth Elder who d.
March 29, 1959, and m. (2) Ernest Bryant, b. December 12, 1897. They live in
Wake Village, Texas. By her first husband, she had a daughter, Doris Dean, who
m. Zelman H. Kuehn and had three boys: Ellis Edward and Edwin Allen (twins),
and James Henry.