Daniel Hook Genealogy
Daniel Hook, son of
Captain James Hook, was born in what is now Greene County, Pennsylvania,
June 11, 1781, and died July 8, 1867, in the same county. He married September
8, 1808, Ann Nancy Kent, born November 18, 1785; died May 14, 1872.
He was a justice of the Peace of Greene County, Pennsylvania, for over thirty
years. He was a pillar in the Methodist Church in Waynesburg and a highly
respected citizen. His family consisted of one son and one daughter.
(1) Son, d. in infancy.
(2) Mary Hook (called Aunt Polly), b. June 22, 1815; d. May 30, 1981. M. Peter
Kent and had issue eight children, as follows:
(1) Thomas J. Kent, m. Mary Vickers. Issue: Mary Ada Kent
and Albert Kent.
(2) John Milton Kent, b. Sept. 30, 1835; d. July 2, 18g1; m. Nannie Wallace
and had two sons, James and William. He was a Captain and later a Colonel in
the Union Forces of the War of the Rebellion, Co. I, 8th Pa. Reserves and
Co. K, 5th Pa. Art.
(3) Eliza Kent.
(4) Sarah Kent, m. H. B. O'Neil and had issue: Mattie and Goldie.
(5) William Kent.
(6) Henry Kent.
(7) George Kent.
(8) Mary Kent. Never married. Living in Waynesburg, Pa.